Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Worshipfulness

Sunday 1136. I am listening to a broadcasted service from First Church UU in Boston. I was called into our work holiday meting and could not attend church. The service’s focus today was worship, and how appropriate. There I was seating in my pickup truck after being dismissed from (perched up doing lighting) listening, in my worship time. I did not want to get out of the truck as the sanctity of the moment would have been ruined. The silence, the solitude… I could have gone inside to listen to it in my stereo; but no, somehow the rain drizzling in my windshield, the noise of silence, my own warmth created a cocoon of worshipfulness. It was peaceful; I was whole in the driveway of my base housing’s home.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You can get a UU church on the radio. Cool. What station?